All students seeking a job on campus must follow this process to ensure that all paperwork is in order.
Step 1: Obtain your Orange Card
Choose one of the following checklists to complete:
- Orange Card checklist – new students to campus employment.
- Orange Card checklist for students returning to campus employment – worked on campus from fall 2015/spring 2016.
- Orange Card checklist for international students – new international students to campus employment.
- Orange Card checklist for international students returning to campus employment – worked on campus from fall 2015/spring 2016.
Additional forms (if needed):
- Form W4 (2017): Federal Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate
- State of Indiana Employee Withholding Exemption and County Status Certificate
- Direct Deposit Authorization form
All materials can be turned in to the Career Center in Andorfer Commons, Room 229 or mailed to:
Attention: Career Services Assistant
1600 E. Washington Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46803
Please be aware that if mailed, all checklist materials must be included and fully complete. Incomplete packets will not be accepted.
Step 2: Apply for open positions
After you have obtained your Orange Card, which shows that you have completed your pre-employment paperwork, you can begin applying for campus jobs.
Step 3: Interview for positions
The manager in charge of hiring for each department will contact applicants to schedule interviews.
Step 4: Accept a position
Once you have been offered a job, you have one more form to complete. The I9 must be completed with your direct supervisor. Be sure to have appropriate documents that prove (a) your identity and (b) your eligibility to work in the United States.
If you have Work Study funds available, use the Work Study Hours Available Worksheet to determine how many hours per week you can work.